Our machine vision solutions offer 100% inspection, automatic rejection and the ability to classify, quantify and log defects in real-time. We use color, 3D, or thermal hardware to measure visual and non-visual properties of your product. Our global install base of machine vision systems spans the consumer-packaged goods (CPG), synthetic rubber, and pharmaceutical industries. These manufacturers not only inspect their products, but they use our solutions’ outputs to gain new information for process troubleshooting, monitoring and improvement.
ProSensus’ history with machine vision began in 2004 when PepsiCo approached us to quantify a hard to measure attribute (seasoning levels) on Dorito’s chips as they were experiencing unacceptable variation. Using multivariate image analysis, we successfully quantified the seasoning levels. This allowed PepsiCo to implement a closed-loop control system, reducing variation by 50%. Since 2004, ProSensus has continued to perform offline feasibility studies and we have developed and proven our ability to implement complete systems for our clients.
Inspection for Critical Quality Attributes in Real-time
- Colour imaging for visual defects, size distribution, classification
- 3D imaging to measure size, shape and color variation
- Thermal imaging to quantify temperature distribution, identify hot and cold spots
Truly Turnkey Solutions
- Hardware for harsh industrial environments
- Software including advanced algorithm development
- Intuitive operator displays
- Communication of results with level 1 / level 2 systems
- Worldwide installation base
- We’ve used colour cameras to quantify defects and grade synthetic rubber
- We’ve used 3D imaging to detect size and shape defects on formed fast-food products
- We’ve used thermal imaging for temperature distribution in frozen food lines
- We’ve used hyperspectral imaging on pharmaceutical tablets to determine the concentration of three active ingredients in an offline study